Mulching Keeps Your Tree Strong and Healthy
Mulching is vital to tree health. Mulching under your tree with our composted wood chip mulch is like bringing a handful of the forest floor to the urban tree. It reduces tree stress, soil compaction and irrigation requirements. Temperature fluctuations, wind, rain and soil compaction are known to deplete nutrients from the soil. This reduces the tree’s ability to withstand disease, infestation and extreme weather.
What are the advantages of mulching?
- Maintains soil moisture by reducing evaporation, especially in extreme heat and drought-like conditions.
- Minimizes the need for frequent watering, thereby lowering your water bills.
- Keeps soils cool in summer and acts as an insulator in winter reducing the damage caused by temperature fluctuations.
- Improves soil aeration and drainage.
- Eliminates trunk damage from lawnmowers and string trimmers.
- Provides a natural, aesthetic look to any landscape design.
- Adds natural nutrients to the soil for tree roots
Professional Tree Mulching for Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Milton and Etobicoke
Improper tree mulching can harm your precious plants. Determining how much mulch is required and which type will work best depends on the age, health and tree species. Maple Hill Tree Services has Certified Arborists trained in efficient Tree Health Care treatments. Their extensive knowledge and experience with a variety of species guarantees strong, healthy, trees.
- Use good quality organic composted materials which enhance nutrients in the soil
- Avoid damage by applying the right amount in the recommended area i.e. to cover the entire root system
- Apply it in a manner that ensures a more appealing landscape
- We can also provide regular Arborists’ Reports to maintain the good health of your trees
Composted mulch from Maple Hill Tree Services is packed with nutrients and beneficial bacteria and fungi. These enriching nutrients become readily available to the tree’s root systems, thereby improving health and vigor immensely. When used over a period of time, mulching reduces your maintenance efforts and cost. Trees need 5% organic material in the soil to sustain good health and vigor. Moist urban soils have 0% to 1% organic material so it is no wonder they struggle and rely on chemical fertilizers.